Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Paseo del Prado

I found one of my new favorite places the other day- El Paseo del Prado. It's a long avenue lined with museums, shops, restaurants, and gardens. Perfect for an afternoon stroll to reminisce on a great, great trip.

El Museo del Prado



Real Jardin Botanico de Madrid

from my journal on 4/11:
"I feel as though I am swimming through a sea of tulips, because they are everywhere, in every shade imaginable- lilac, deep ruby red, midnight blue, canary yellow, fiery sunset orange. Tulips are my favorite flower, and to be surrounded by so many stirs in me a deep affection for the Creator who sees fit to woo me with such beauty."



"The air is refreshing and still, and I am at peace as the perfume from countless flowers beckons sweetly. I walk on into the deep, cool green as Sufjan Stevens, Feist, and Rocky Votolato serenade me into serenity."





"The statues here are made of smooth gray stone, and they are stoic, respectable, their gazes dignified and resolute. But at night, I'm sure they slip down from their tall, ivy-covered pedestals and frolic through the gardens. How could they resist? I envy them that."



"Josh Rouse sings that "Love is gonna find a way," and he's right, of course. I believe him. But how could I not when I'm surrounded by so much of it?"













Atocha Station

There's a rainforest inside Atocha Station, filled with turtles, lizards, and birds. I kept expecting dinosaurs, too, but they must have been hiding.




I am captivated by this city.

No comments: