Sunday, December 2, 2007

Beginnings

hello friends! i hope, wherever you are, that you are exceedingly well. the purpose of this blog is to provide those who care with a glimpse of my time in Spain. firstly- if you are here, you undoubtedly played a huge part in making it possible for me to have this grand adventure, so thank you. a thousand times, thank you. i am unfathomably grateful.

why am i going to Spain?
why not?
what else does a young female college grad do when she has no clue where the Lord is leading her next? she goes to Spain, of course!! it was silly of you to even ask. :)

a brilliant author named Mike Howerton perhaps says it best:
"I'm working on a philosophy of Appreciation...the central idea is that God (the show starter, the unmoved mover) has given us, for whatever reason, life. Our appreciation of this gift is the appropriate form of worship...enjoy the gift and use it well! Perhaps this is as close to praise as a lost humanity can get... Don't slow. Don't tire. Simply live, and smile."

all around us, there is beauty and truth. i want to find it. i want you to find it. you dont have to look very hard, and you dont have to be in Spain to do it. but the good Lord has provided a way, and i am taking it, with eagerness and anxiousness and wide-eyed wonder. thank you, Lord.

today, i pray you experience simplicity, truth, and beauty through the philosophy of Appreciation. i love you.

3 comments:

Jacob Vanhorn said...

Caitlin, I appreciate God for you sister. You are such a gift and a blessing to me and my family. I pray that you feel God's pleasure during your time in Spain.

(ps: 'When Love Comes to Town' is one of my new favorite songs.)

Peace out sweet sister!!

Anonymous said...

You're in Spain? I thought I saw you on the list for Morgan's party on Saturday! I also did not know you've graduated...congrats! Well I hope to see you Saturday! Thanks for blogging. You've motivated me to start writing again.

Analisa said...

I miss you!! I am so glad that you are having a fantastic time in Spain. I love your blog entries!! I feel as if I am there with you experiencing everything. Keep exploring and I'll talk with you soon.